Who are Testing for All?
Established in April 2020 as a not-for-profit organisation our mission is to have a meaningful impact on the transmission of coronavirus. We initially launched a consumer-facing antibody test using the Roche Anti-SARS-CoV-2 diagnostic and have processed approximately 15,000 samples from Sept to Nov 2020. This test is very much valued by those who take it, as demonstrated by our “excellent” 4.7/5 rating on Trustpilot. Over the last 4 months we have developed with our laboratory partner large scale private RT-PCR testing using saliva and swab samples, and are looking to meet new regulatory requirements coming into effect in 2021 and to continue to develop our range of CE-IVD marked sampling kits for various sample types including saliva, swab and capillary blood.
As Clinical Scientist for Testing For All you will oversee clinical activities within our diagnostic and screening service for coronavirus (and other diseases and/or screening markers in the future).
Responsibilities and daily tasks
- Provide scientific oversight of our testing activities
- Develop the test protocol for each test we place on the market, in accordance with the Testing For All Test Policy to sure that they prioritise our key values and adhere to best practice set out by ISO, UKAS and CQC
- Work with our Medical Advisor to ensure that Testing For All implements best practise medical, clinical and scientific governance
- Create documentation relating to regulatory matters including UKAS accreditation and CE / UKCA marking of our IVD kits and medical devices
- Oversee validation and verification work of CE Marked IVD test devices carried out in independent laboratories as appropriate
Key Skills & Attributes
- Passionate about diagnostic testing, and in particular the role that highly accurate molecular and serological tests can play in the fight against COVID
- Pragmatic and proactive, and able to tackle complex regulatory matters and legislation in a rapidly changing landscape
- Good at building relationships with contacts in the industry
Registered with the Health and Care Professions Council as a “Clinical Scientist”